Title I Program
- 2017-18 Title I School Wide Program
- Contact Principals, Todd Kulawiak or Terri Sheldon, for information about Program Services and Parent Involvement
- Contact Superintendent, Laurie Walles, for information about Title I Funds and Federal Regulations
- What is the Title I Program
- The Title I program is a Federal program designed to help struggling students achieve academic grade level goals and objectives. A "School Wide Title I Program" means that all students can be serviced using Title I funds.
- What Type of Services are Available
Services might be provided by a highly qualified Title I teacher and/or para-pro. Currently our Title I teacher is Mrs. Dreves and our Title I para-pro is Mrs. Mackey. Classroom teachers are also responsible for providing extra support to students in need.
Services are provided in a variety of different ways. Sometimes students are pulled out of their classroom and taken to Title I room to receive individual or small group tutoring. Sometimes service is provided within the classroom to support instruction. Sometimes services take the form of professional development, training, and materials to better equip the regular classroom teacher to meet the needs of identified students.
- How Can a Parent or Community Member be Involved with the Title I Program
- Parents and community members are encouraged to be involved in the Title I program development and evaluation. In the fall, during the BCS Open House and during Parent/Teacher conferences, parents and community members are encouraged to stop down to the Title I room to receive information and materials.
- In the spring, parents and community members are invited to attend the Annual Title I Spring Planning Meeting. At this meeting, parents are encouraged to give feedback and input about the Title I program and the school's Parent Involvement Policy and Student/Parent/Teacher Compact. Click here to view information about the spring meeting & agenda, and click on this link to view a copy of the Parent Involvement Policy. Click here to view the Student/Parent/Teacher Compact.
- On-line surveys will also be presented to parents and students throughout the year. Paper copies of surveys will be provided upon request.
- Parents and community members can also seek information and give input by emailing either principal: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Policies and Program Materials
- Title I Board Policy: Click Here To View
- Parents Participation in Title I Board Policy: Click Here To View
- Parents Right To Know Board Policy: Click Here To View
- Parent Involvement Board Policy: Click Here To View
- Parent Relations Board Policy: Click Here To View
- Kindergarten Title I reading curriculum information from SRA Reading Master Program: Click Here to View
- 1st & 2nd grade Title I reading curriculum information: Click Here to View
- 2nd-6th grade Title I reading curriculum information from Read Naturally Live: Click Here to View
- K-2nd grade Title I math curriculum information about Touch Point: Click Here to View
- 3rd-6th grade Title I math support includes individualized support and instruction on grade level classroom math assignments with the support of Delta Math Assessments and materials.